21 November 2004

Well ... Here I Am!!!!!!

It's not much of a start, but it's my blog, and I'm sticking to it. Where to begin? I could begin with my life story for those of you in need of a bed time story to use as a tranquiliser. However, for those of you tuning in hoping to read anything of interest, that's as useful as an ice cube maker in Antarctica.

Instead I will begin with a topic of slightly more interest: a new series of "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" To be perfectly honest with you, I hate reality TV shows. I despise them. I avoid "Big Brother", "Fame Academy" and their counterparts as if watching them will make me even more warped than I already am. "I'm a Celebrity" on the other hand, is strangely addictive. After all, what appeal do ten celebrity wannabes have?

Perhaps I'm sadistic. During the last series, I took great pleasure in watching Jordan (aka Katie Price) eat slugs and tease Peter Andre so that his trousers looked like a tent. Now they're engaged and they can annoy each other as much as they annoy me. It was also a real laugh see John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols) build campfires and storm around like a prima donna.

And here we are again. Ten people famous in varying degrees in the heat and primitive conditions of a Queensland, Australia, rainforest. It will be interesting to see if Natalie Appleton survives one more day after a temper tantrum on her first night (she thought she had a spider in her bed so woke everyone up crying for one of them to remove it) or if Paul Burrell can survive without mentioning Princess Diana for 16 days after he was certain he would be joining her when he discovered that he would be parachuting into the jungle.

Nah, it's because they've got a mascot on the set with Ant and Dec: a koala named Hogan who is threatening to upstage them all.

Here's a link if you want to share my addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home