18 December 2004

Frivilous Reading

This weekend I've decided to do absolutely no studying or serious reading whatsoever. I could tackle one of the many books I keep saying I should read, but I only have two days. Monday it's back to work on the essays. So I figured that I would read Martin Brundle's Working the Wheel. I won't say it's frivilous in the purest sense because it's a history of some of the greatest tracks in Formula One with some anecdotes from the drivers who have raced on them. It's frivilous in that it's light reading non-fiction. I don't HAVE to read it, and I don't feel I SHOULD read it. I WANT to read it.

I bought my copy a couple of months ago when Martin was in Sheffield for a book signing. This was the second time I've met him, and he's a lovely man, willing to chat with his fans and F1 enthusiasts. He's not so keen on those who didn't want the autograph personalised because those are most likely destined for ebay, but was happy to have his picture taken with babies and fans. A woman offered to take a pic of me with him since I took my digital camera, but she wasn't a good photographer. She chopped most of my head off. Not a problem for me, really. I hate having my picture taken. I also managed to take a few good pictures of the 2004 Jordan they had on display to raise money for Children in Need. I get chills being so close to real race cars.

I'm in my shop all day today, and most of my customers are on the internet anyway. Today would have been the perfect day to read the book. Notice I said "would have been". I only went off and left it at home, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home