12 June 2005

Diary Entry

1.46 pm I keep forgetting about this blog ...

Most of my posts have been in my Scrambled Mind blog because I never seem to have anything interesting to put in here, but I'll try to do better.

The kids have been driving me nuts, as usual. Malorie keeps ignoring me when I tell her what time to be in, so instead of grounding her, I've been withholding spending money. That's got her attention. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Daniel. He doesn't do any jobs around the house, so he doesn't get spending money like they do. He knows we can't ground him really, though now that he's got a girlfriend who lives on our estate, he might pay a bit more attention. Last night he and Braden went out, and I told them to be in at nine because we had some things to do. We've been working really hard in the garden to get it ready for my "shed"/"chalet"/"office", which will be here in just over a week. Braden came in at nine. Daniel came in 45 minutes later. Simon actually shouted at him. Now I'll bet he doesn't come back for at least a month.

I'm on some seriously icky anti-biotics at the moment. A few months ago, February I think, I found a little lump on the back of my neck. I thought maybe it was a spot or a mole, so I just left it. It didn't go away, so I knew it wasn't a spot, and I kept checking it just to be on the safe side. I didn't go to the doctor for it because it didn't grow and didn't hurt, so I figured I'd just have it looked at the next time I went in for something else.

Then last weekend, it blew up like a balloon and started hurting like the devil. After almost a week of no sleep, I went to see the doctor on Friday. It's a cyst that's become infected. Nothing serious, he said, but if it got infected this time, it'll probably do it again, so after these anti-biotics have done the trick, it'll need removing. At least it's in my hairline on the back of my neck where no one would see a scar, if there was one. For now I just feel really sick from these meds because he said this thing needed some really strong ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home