20 December 2005

Okay, I Went

I gave in and went back to the doctor this afternoon. I have a pretty high pain threshold, but even I had to throw my hands up and admit defeat. The medication he gave me a few weeks ago for stomach acid was making no difference.

Instead of stomach acid probs, looks like it could be gall stones. How much fun is this going to be? I have to wait for the hospital to send me an appointment for an ultrasound to find out if that's what it is. If it is, I go on the waiting list for surgery. No telling how long it will take but I won't complain too much. At least I can get it sorted and not have to pay for any of it.

And if it isn't gall stones, well, there's no telling what the hell it is!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww you poor thing!! I really know what you are going through and those pains are so bad!!
I had those tests and surgery too but then they found out it wasnt my gall but my liver which caused my pains. I hope they will find out what is the matter with you soon!! I will be here with my fingers crossed.

1:16 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Diana! *hug*

My dad had gallstones when I was 13, and I remember how bad he suffered (one of only two times in my life I've ever seen my dad cry, the other was a funeral), so I'm pretty lucky that the pain isn't quite so bad. And at least it isn't all the time.

Still, as long as it is gallstones, I won't complain. There are so many worse things it could be!

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home