27 January 2006

If I Didn't Have Bad Luck ...

I spent all day yesterday suffering with gall stones, and I thought that, surely, today would be a better day!

Well I was wrong.

No pain today, or, at least, what there is is tolerable. I was thankful because I needed to go to uni to meet up with my mooting partner to go over our "case" before we have to present it. I was so busy replying to a text from him that I didn't notice that the parking signs had been changed on that road since the last time I parked there.

So I got a ticket. Just my bloody luck. I've never had a ticket before. At least I can still say I've never had a speeding ticket (knock on wood).

I had planned on colouring my hair tonight, but with my luck, it would probably turn green!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to recall you getting a speeding ticket at the end of '97, beginning of '98? Somewhere around 5.00am on the Sheffield parkway... LOL

7:33 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

I seem to recall it was you who had the speeding ticket in January of 1998 and I let my mother-in-law convince me to take the blame because she said she would do it for her husband! :-P

Besides, my charm worked because the police dismissed it.

7:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL i dont think we could have gotten away with that with that state trooper on the road to Greenville on the day before our wedding... Would have been nice though, then i wouldnt have had to take Defensive Driving classes, eh?

8:01 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

State Troopers tend to be soft only when you bat your eyelashes and cry. If you had tried that though, he probably would have shot you.

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home