01 February 2006

Well, It's Wednesday Again

Isn't it amazing how quickly Wednesdays roll around? I've been looking forward to today after missing my Tae Kwon Do lesson on Saturday. Still, the trip to London was definitely worth the loss of two hours of training! I do need to go to my next three lessons though since that's all I have left between now and the tournament I've entered.

I'm hoping that today will linger a bit because tomorrow I will be the mother of a seventeen year old. I think that I'm dreading that more than my mother is dreading me turning 39! Actually, I'm only 29, but I have almost 10 years' experience at being 29. I will keep telling people that I'm 29 until they stop believing me. It's amazing how many people think that I'm telling the truth.

Back to the daughter. When I was driving her to her work experience this morning, I asked her if she'd sent off her application for college. She said yes, and then told me she picked a course that is one year hair styling, two years "beauty therapy". Her friend Holly chose that course, so I'm sure that's why Malorie picked it because there are things in the course she's freaking out about doing: body waxing and ear piercing. I would have thought the three years of hair dressing would have suited her better and given her better job opportunities afterwards, but if she wants to do beauty therapy, that's up to her. I can't see her giving someone a bikini wax though. She has no problem taking a dead mouse out of a mousetrap, but mention a bikini line and she goes squeamish.

Simon says he thinks he's coming down with the flu (again). I told him not to do that because he's already miserable when he's not poorly. He told me to piss off. I wonder why.

I had to take Ricky to the dentist this morning as well as drive Malorie to work experience, get Jack to school and finish my skeleton argument for mooting. It's only 12.30, and I'm already worn out! A woman's work is never done.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just hop on a plane and join us tonight!! ;-)

1:13 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Not a bad idea! ;-) Don't worry, I will do just that one of these days!

1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got you a souvenir!
Will give it to Kate tonight.
That way you will have a little piece of the Netherlands there ;-)

1:27 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oh aren't you a sweetheart? You really didn't have to do that, but whatever it is, I'm sure I'll absolutely love it! :-)

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home