02 February 2006

Yuck Day

What an absolutely crap day. Even though I went to bed early last night, I couldn't make myself wake up this morning, and I've felt worn out all day. Then Malorie came home from school complaining that people at school didn't know it was her birthday and that she hadn't had any presents to open. Seeing as how I'd been saving those for later when everyone was at home, I kept my mouth shut. But then she started complaining that "all" Simon and I got her was her provisional driving license and two driving lessons. She said there are "more important" things than that. I think she meant credit for her phone and clothes.

I lost it. I burst into tears and ran upstairs. I got the other present we had for her, took it downstairs unwrapped, dropped it in her lap and left to pick the little monsters up from school. Fortunately Lynn gave her a mobile phone (Lynn's had a new one), and that present seemed good enough.

Ricky and Jack have actually been monsters today. Well, Ricky hasn't been too bad apart from when he and Jack have been fighting. Jack has been horrible because I told him today is a non-computer game day. They spend way too much time on their Gameboys, computers and the X-Box, so I've told them that they can only spend a limited amount of time on those. Ricky started writing a story, which is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping he'd do. Jack did voluntarily pick up a book, and he said he read two chapters.

Jack's also been a bit wound up because some of the boys at school today told him that one of their mums was making a "secret folder" about how bad Jack has been. What makes kids so cruel? I've noticed that some of the kids whose mothers are good friends tend to exclude those whose mothers are not part of the close-knit group. I'm not bothered what the other mothers think of me. I like the ones I speak to regularly (yes, Marie, if you read this, that includes you!), and if the others speak to me, I'm happy to speak back. I didn't know it was a requirement for me to be best buddies with all the mums so their kids would be nice to my kids.

Braden has just been Braden today. He's a wind up merchant, and today his victim was Jack. All he has to do is mimick Jack, the way Jack mimicks everyone else, and Jack's roaring. Simon has been on the computer all day. Surprise surprise. He's discover online poker, though fortunately only free games.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only cure is keep looking at that pic of Mark Mel ;-)
I am sure you will have great dreams that way :-)

8:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana - you're not wrong! ;-)


Unfortunately, kids are little buggers at times. But you wouldn'tbe without them.....

:-*

11:04 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Ooooo that picture ... *drool* I'd have loved to nicked that towel off him too! :-P

Oh, my kids are buggers lots of times, but you're right -- I wouldn't be without them! It's nice having a blog where I can whinge about things like that. Saves my sanity! LMAO

5:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home