25 January 2005

Diary Entry

12.17 pm I never even went in to work today. Well, it's Wednesday so I would have only had the shop open from 10 until 1 anyway. The dog woke me up to go out for a shit at 7 this morning, and I was attacked by a massive stomach cramp. I still have it, though it's eased off now. So I laid on the couch until about 20 minutes ago, and now I'm sitting here eating cream crackers trying to sooth my tummy. Even if I didn't have a stomach ache, I'd probably be eating cream crackers. I don't know why, but I've become addicted to them lately. Last night for dinner I had cream crackers and cheddar cheese. I eat that a lot now. It's replaced chocolate, at least for the time being. Once PMT strikes again in a couple of weeks, I'm sure I'll be back on a chocolate binge.

7.50 pm I have spent most of the day on the couch with those stupid stomach cramps. I'll probably be awake all night tonight because of them as well, not to mention the amount of sleep I've had today.

Doyle sent me some pics of a Japanese fashion craze, so I've posted them here and then again on Scrambled Mind with commentary. I can't help but think that I'd love to wear one of those! Imagine, no stretch marks! And no bruise on my ass from falling down the stairs either!

9.03 pm Our self-assessments have to be turned in to the Inland Revenue by the 31st. Now, I don't have anything to do with the books for the business because Simon basically just took them over and wouldn't let me get a chance to help out with them. I've washed my hands of the ice cream business altogether, but it's still registered as a partnership, so I have to file a tax return. Simon's got his forms and the partnership forms. Has he got mine? Has he hell. No clue as to where they are. I've been on at him for weeks about getting this done. Last year we had an accountant do it. This year he decided he didn't want to pay an accountant. If he doesn't find my form, I get at least £100 penalty, and I don't want that! So, have I looked all over the house for it? Everywhere except his office, and he won't get off the phone with his mate Kev, talking over whatever the hell it is they do online most of the night, to help me find it. I should cross his name off his form and tell him he's the one out of luck! I thought I was bad, but Simon is the Great Procrastinator!

9.25 pm And he's still on the phone ...

11.46 pm He got off the phone about ten minutes after my last entry, but he still couldn't find my tax forms. Well, I've told him we're getting up early in the morning and going into town to the Tax Office. We need to turn the ones we have in anyway, and it's cutting it a bit close to trust the Royal Mail. How long will it take to fill in a bunch of zeros anyway? Besides, I've been saying for over two weeks that I need to go into town to pick up the Euros I've purchased through my bank. They better be there or that's £199 out the window! I couldn't print off a reference number because my computer crashed, but my online account definitely shows that amount went out of my savings account.

I've just been chatting to Shell. We go too long between chats, but unfortunately we're both mums and busy bees, so we miss each other a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home