26 January 2005

Diary Entry

11.52 am Back to work. Let's see how long my neck holds out. I've been here over and hour and not a single customer. I'm glad we're closing up this weekend. I just need to get the house organised so all the stock can go there for internet sales! I'm going to start inventorying in a bit (is "inventorying" a word?) and take some photos of everything so put on the internet and ebay. But it's bloody freezing in this shop! Simon had me bring the space heater home on Tuesday so he could put it in the ice cream van while he was painting, and, of course, I didn't remember that until I was almost here this morning. I wish I'd at least brought my gloves!

Marie and Graham stopped by this morning for a cuppa. I would have made it to work earlier than I did, but I wanted to sit at chat with them for a while. We always have a laugh, usually at Simon and Graham's expense. I know I got to Simon because he threw his cigarette lighter at me, but then Graham did the same thing and he threw his cigarette roller at him. Marie said she'd keep quiet because the only thing left on the table in front of Simon was the glass ashtray!

I had a look at a new site for a journal, but while I like the template, I didn't like how complicated it was. Not that I couldn't figure it out because I did. Eventually. But it's too much of a hassle. All I have to do on Blogger is click a couple of times and I'm posting. Same again if I want to edit. And I already pretty much have my sidebars, links and so on the way I want them. I'm keeping the calendar though. I like that.

We didn't make it to town this morning. We have to do it tomorrow, there's no other choice. Tax returns are due Monday at the latest. Fortunately we don't owe anything in taxes. Simon tossed and turned all night last night because his back and leg hurt, so of course that meant I didn't get any sleep. I was going to sleep on the couch, but I couldn't get comfy there. Then the dog wanted to go out every two hours, and Simon wasn't about to get up with him.

1.47 pm You know, I must be a real slut in my dreams. It seems like lately I'm always chasing guys! Last night I dreamed that I was at a shopping mall with someone (for the life of me I can't remember who) when a guy I went to high school with came up and put his arm around me. I know it was someone I went to school with, but in reality this guy reminded me of two or three different guys, particularly Cesar Vega. Boy was he cute! Anyway, in the dream he invited me back to his house for a shag, and I said, "Sure, why not?" That is so opposite to the way I was in school it's hilarious! Ahhh, if I only knew then what I know now.

I've spent a lot of time putting my lectures and seminars into that online calendar, as well as the birthdays I can remember off the top of my head. I just remembered that I left Pete's off, so I've had to go add him as well before I get into trouble. I'll probably get in trouble with Simon for putting it on there now. As if I'm going to dash off to Australia to party!

9.59 pm I'm going to thump Simon sometime soon. I'm not a violent person, but he better be glad I don't have PMT at the moment or I'd definitely do some damage to his backside! He said, "Once the shop is closed (meaning our shop closing permanently) you can go back to cooking proper dinners like you used to". He seems to forget that once the shop is closed and we get everything moved here and organised, I'll be going back to lectures and seminars! I only have just over a week until those start again. So I told him that it goes both ways. He used to cook lovely dinners on Tuesday nights last year when I was at uni until almost 7.00 pm. It didn't last very long though. If I'm going to start having to cook "proper" meals, then we'll rotate it in turn. He can help me do the shopping. Well, I do it online, but he can at least tell me what he thinks he'd like to cook. I'll order it from Tesco, and he can cook once at week. Thursdays would be nice.

Stupid internet keeps disconnecting every few minutes again. I hate it when that happens.

10.50 pm Okay, now I'm really going to thump him! We have a big ol' widescreen television that we rent. Only we don't make a monthly payment by writing out a check. We make payments by putting pound coins into a meter thing on the television. For every pound, we can watch it for three hours. If we don't have any pound coins and the time runs out, we don't watch television.

I was really excited today when I got my first CSI DVD, but I used up all the viewing time last night and forgot to get some change today. By the time I thought about it, it was too late to run up to the shop and get some change. So I mentioned to Simon that I was disappointed that I couldn't watch my DVD and went up to take a shower.

Only when I come downstairs, he's on the couch watching his DVD! The pillock didn't bother to tell me he had a pound. He just wanted the telly to himself. I told him I thought that was shitty.

12.28 am I finally got to put my CSI DVD on, but there's not much time left on the telly! Grrr ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home