31 January 2005

Jacko and the Jury

The circus has kicked into high gear with the number one clown now in court.

The trial of Michael Jackson has got to be the biggest media circus in history, far surpassing the trials of any other celebrity, including OJ Simpson. He has already been tried in the minds of many, and my own personal view is that if he is not guilty of the official charges against him, he is at least guilty of being the most misguided, not to mention stupid, celebrity in living memory. If he truly believed that letting children spend the night alone with him in his bedroom and in his bed would be perceived by an increasingly suspicious world as innocent, he should be committed for psychiatric help with his naitivity.



In the early 1980s I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson, and whenever I think of Jackson the singer, that is how I prefer to remember him. "Beat It", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller" were three of my favourites during my high school years.

Since then he has become "Whacko Jacko". Rumours abounded of strange behaviour such as attempting to buy the remains of the Elephant Man. He lived with his companion "Bubbles" the Chimp. Accusations start to spring up about child molestion. He married Elvis' daughter, which was a marriage that lasted only 19 months. He named all his children "Michael", even his daughter. And, most worryingly, he dangled his own baby off a hotel balcony in Germany.

Even if he is not found guilty in a court of law for the specific charges levelled against him, he is not a man I would hold up as a role model for my children. So to the mothers and fathers of the children who were allowed to sleep over with a grown man, to you I say, "What the hell were you thinking?????"

4 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

This comment has absolutely nothing to do with Jacko.

Melinda, I don't think you spend enough time creating blog entries. A guy misses a day or two of looking at your blog and comes back finding a bloody book to read! Good grief!

1:32 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Then again, I should talk. LOL It's not like my blog entries, even if they are few, are very short.

1:33 am  
Blogger Brandon said...

melinda, this is also unrelated, but have you visted a blonde moment (http://daisymaie.blogspot.com/)? she also grew up in texas and is a race car driver.

2:59 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Gary -- LMAO I'm back at uni as of today, so I'll have a bit less blogging time on my hands. You're reading chores will be lighter!

Brando -- thanks for passing that on! I hadn't seen her blog, but I will definitely have a look at it.

7:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home