29 January 2005

Getting to Know You

I love getting these question emails, even though they seem like junk mail to a lot of people. I don't know why. I guess I like learning a lot about my friends and family. Still, I only sent one to most of my address book recently, so instead of doing that again so soon, I figured I'd post my answers here!

Welcome to the new edition of getting to know your friends and relatives. Okay here's what you're supposed to do. Just copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all of the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, *INCLUDING* the person that sent it to you.

1. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In the middle of the Angelina Forest in Texas.

2.. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU WEARING? Pale yellow

3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The television: "Crime Stories" on the History Channel

4.WHAT'S THE LAST THING YOU ATE? I'm eating it now: garlic bread with cheese and mushrooms

5. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Yes, when I can see them. It's usually too cloudy.

6. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple. I'd love to be able to get people's attention and be slightly whacky.

7. THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Cold and icky, as usual.

8. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Simon's mate Kev. He didn't really want to speak to me though.

9. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? Of course I do! Roy and Caz both sent it to me and they're great!

10. HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY? *sigh* 37, but not for much longer

11. FAVORITE DRINK? If I'm out, a Screaming Orgasm from TGI Fridays. At home, Baileys. Non-alcoholic, Pepsi.

12. HAIR COLOR? Dark Brown

13. SPORT? Formula One and Tennis

14. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, and not glasses either.

15. SIBLINGS? Three younger sisters

16. FAVORITE MONTH? August because it seems the most relaxed of the year for me.

17. FAVORITE FOOD? Can I pick more than one? How much time do you have? Chocolate for starters (and desert!). Swiss steak, fried chicken, Taco Bell tacos and burritos, sour cream chicken enchiladas from El Chico, shall I keep going?

18. FAVORITE MOVIE? While You Were Sleeping

19. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? The day of the first grand prix of the season.

20. WHAT DO YOU DO TO VENT ANGER? Write in my blogs!

21. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? A stuffed koala bear named Fuzzy, though my dad insisted on calling him Qantas.

22. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, thankfully in England. I hate the heat in Texas during the summer.

23. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on who I'm hugging or kissing.

24. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate, of course!

25. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE/ E-MAIL BACK? Well, I'm not actually emailing it ...

26. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND IN EMAIL? No one ...

27. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND IN EMAIL? Everyone ...

28. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? Hubby and our five kids

29. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When I saw the tsunami victims on Boxing Day.

30. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? Dust I'm sure.

31. WHO IS THE FRIEND YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST? Hard to say. I keep in touch with a lot of people by email that I've known since I first started school.

32. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Taxied Simon and his mate Allan to and from the pub, sat and chatting and had coffee with my best mate Michelle.

33. FAVORITE SMELLS? The candle scents when I'm making some.

34. WHAT INSPIRES YOU? Love.

35. WHAT FRIGHTENS YOU? Heights, deep water, and losing someone close to me.

36. PLAIN, BUTTERED OR SALTED POPCORN? Buttered, not too salty.

37. FAVORITE CAR? BMW Z3 -- dark blue.

38. FAVORITE FLOWER? Rose

39. NUMBER OF KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING? 7

40. CAN YOU JUGGLE? I used to be able to but haven't tried in years.

41. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Sunday!

42. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR LAST CAR/MC TRIP? Drove home from my shop for the last time with a boot full of left over stock.

44. IN HOW MANY CITIES HAVE YOU LIVED IN? Seven: Nacogdoches TX, Richardson TX, Garland TX, Waxahachie TX, Commerce TX, Chesterfield England, Sheffield England.

45. HOW MANY CARS HAVE YOU HAD & WHAT WAS THE FIRST CAR THAT YOU HAD? I have lost count! My first husband used to sell them as soon as I got used to driving whatever car he'd just bought me, but off the top of my head I can remember seven from that time period. I know there were more. My second husband used to get rid of them as soon as the MOT ran out because without MOT you can't get insurance, but there were at least four. I've had two cars since I've been with Simon, both of which we still have. Grand total: minimum of 13.

My first car was a red 1972 Dodge Dart.

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I seem to remember an email very similar to this one. I was just about to say I can't remember who sent it to me, but that wouldn't be true. I do remember. 'Tis someone who went to the same high school in England as I did, but graduated in a different year. Leslie was her name. I then forwarded it one to several friends from FA. I loved all the responses I got back.

The first car I remember my parents owning was a 1966 red Dodge Dart. My father raced the thing at the local dragstrip. Won every race he was in, too.

5:53 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I like reading people's responses too, only not many people enjoy filling them out like I do. LOL

I loved that Dodge! I bought it used (obviously since I was only 5 in 1972) in 1986, and it was in immaculate condition.

The first car I remember my parents having was a VW Beetle, which probably would have been somewhere around 1972. LOL

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home