24 March 2005

Diary Entry

1.07 pm I'm blogging a bit earlier than I have been lately. I've just had my head so wrapped up in my assignments that I haven't had spare thoughts to blog about. I decided to do my best to blog today anyway.

I think Jamie's having the same kind of mess with these assignments as I am because he said in an email last night that it was a "fuckin nightmare". I agree. I've got so many books on the go I've had to sit down and start a proper outline so I don't get lost in all the info. I've got to do these things in a more organised manner from the start, but I just go off on tangents all the time. That's me. A mental tangent master.

Another weird dream last night. I was trying to find one of my tutors at uni, and the building was so big, and he'd recently moved his office, so I kept going through strange rooms decorated with Victorian furnishings and up and down multiple staircases. I finally found him lecturing, so I sat in on his lecture, and he kept staring at me. I kept blushing. The lecture ended, and I had to run across campus to my next lecture, but I found myself turning around and going back to his office. I don't know what was about to happen because right then Simon's mobile rang and woke me up. Damn!

Jack woke me up bright and early this morning, too. His dad swung by here so Jack could grab his RSVP slip to a birthday party he's been invited to. They break up for the Easter holidays today, so it was the last chance to give it to the little girl who's having the party.

Simon's sat on his computer -- as usual! I don't think he ever comes off it anymore. We were supposed to be spring cleaning this week, but so far I'm the only one who's done anything. He has put clothes into the washer and loaded the dishwasher a couple of times. I might go on strike until he decides to help me.

Pete sent me a new song, but I haven't chatted to him in a couple of days. The last time I did, he mentioned some kind of 16 year plan he's got, but I haven't got a clue what he's on about. I'm intrigued now though.

6.47 pm For heaven's sake, Simon's stretched out on the couch, moaning about his headache. When I have a headache, even a migraine, I'm supposed to keep going, but does he? Nooooooo! He keeps telling everyone to shut up. If he stayed off the computer for a while, it might help. Or if he wore his glasses. I've been told again that we have to get stuff done around the house. Like I've been sat on my arse doing nothing.

Enough ranting now. I got some hair colouring today, so this weekend I'm going to try to go a lighter shade of brown. I also won a highlighting kit from Garnier that came in the post yesterday, so I can highlight after I colour. I hope it looks good. At least with it being the Easter holidays and then reading week, I have time to fix it if it goes wrong. Not that I want it to go wrong though!

I wish Malorie would stop shouting. She thinks she the mum around here, thanks to being a teenager. The rest of us are stupid, I guess.

I did do something funny last night to Simon, and I can't believe that he fell for it! I put my hand on top of his head and started rubbing my fingers on his scalp and asked "Do you know what this is?" He said no. "It's a brain sucker. Do you know what it's doing?" He said no again. "It's starving." He called me a bitch.

I wish I could take off to lectures and seminars again. I miss them already since it means I'm stuck in most of the time now!

9.34 pm Streeeeeeeeeessssssssss! I wish the kids would stop fighting with each other. Ricky's just decided to go punch Jack while Jack was on the stairs, so they both ended up falling down.

Simon put a shelf up.

I feel an ulcer coming on.

12.00 am Less stressful now. The kids are all asleep, and Simon's back on his computer. I offered to cook him some dinner earlier, but he didn't want to eat. Then when I asked him if the dog had been fed, he complained that the dog had been fed, but he hadn't. You know, I just can't win. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I know I'm not. Still, I've been made to feel worse than this.

I wish I didn't have to take the boys to their dad's tomorrow. I know I complain about them being loud and fighting, but I think all parents do that. The ones I know do it, anyway. We want to throttle them when they're around, and we miss them terribly when they're gone.

I do wish I had somewhere to disappear to to get my studying done though. Somewhere quiet with no interruptions. It's a shame we sold the caravan. I could have hidden in there with my books. That would have been ideal. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home