24 May 2005

I Feel Dirty

I know that I'm not the world's greatest housewife. I have always preferred to spend time with my kids to nagging them to keep things sterilised. The clothes are washed, the dishes are done, the trash is taken out ... but with four kids and a not-very-big house, there's clutter. Not filth. Just clutter.

But suddenly I feel very dirty. The new Dyson I ordered yesterday has just arrived. It was expensive (over £300), but with a dog that sheds constantly and an asthmatic step-son, it was more of a medical necessity than might be called for in many other households. Now I see why it was so expensive.



I only vacuumed in the living room a couple of days ago (hey, I'm trying to study for exams here!) with our old Dyson. Then this one came -- it's called "The Animal". I vacuumed a small square of carpet behind my desk chair here. Wow. The dust and dog hair that came up from a 4x4 foot area was unbelievable! I'm surprised there was any carpet left, but expensive Axminster is good for something after all, even if it's ugly and was chosen by Simon's ex-wife, but that's another story.

By the time I finish the living room, I'll probably have had to empty the chamber on the Dyson a few times, but the carpet will be dust and dog free. Even my friend Mr Domestos would be impressed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Ummmm ... I didn't buy it from Ann Summers, you know. They have much more appropriate things for that purpose. :-P

1:04 am  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

it always surprises me how much they pick up...mind you its probably because i don't do it as often as i should...

:0)

10:57 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

That's part of my problem too. LOL That and having four kids, a dog and a husband who smokes. You wouldn't believe how much cigarette ash he gets all over his desk. I don't let him smoke anywhere else in the house!

8:13 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

By the sounds of it, Mel, that vacuum cleaner will make dust out of your carpet, in addition to ridding the carpet of dust. I hope you've got nice wood floors underneath that ugly thing (your term, not mine).

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home