25 May 2005

I'm Free!

Free at last! I finished my tort law exam two hours ago, and now I'm home bouncing off the walls because I feel like I should be studying. Simon wanted to take me out tonight for a meal, but I'm so wound up I want to stay in (though I told him he can take me to TGI Friday's on Friday!). All I want to do is kick back, have a few drinks, maybe watch a movie and not rush around to get ready when he gets home from work. Ricky and Jack are at their dad's tonight, Malorie and Braden have gone out, and NOW that I've finished year two, the house is quiet and no studying!

I guess I did fairly well on the exam. We'd been told in our other classes that we could have a copy of the relevant statutes with us, so I assumed (wrongly) that we could for tort law as well. I didn't bother memorising the relevant statute sections because I assumed (wrongly) that I could just look them up.

Fortunately I had chosen to do two of the three essay questions, and one of them didn't have any statutes to remember. The second I could remember bits and pieces. For the third question, I chose one of the three problem questions, and I didn't remember any of the statute related to that. I just scribbled down anything relevant anyway because I spent so much time on the essay questions that I only had 30 minutes to do the last one. At least I could remember most of the cases on occupiers' liability, even if I couldn't remember what I needed from the Occupiers' Liability Act of 1957.

And at this moment in time, I just don't care. I'll worry when my results show up. For now, I'm going to go collapse in a heap on the couch and read something frivilous.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Melinda
Well done you, aint the feeling fantastic.
Kay and I took our last exam yesterday, which also completed our degree. Ectascy is not a strong enough word lol. We are having a bbq party on the weekend, providing the weather is fine, if not we are gonna get all our friends round to mine, to eat, drink and be merry.......you are more than welcome if you can get here. It would be great to see you.
Anyway, you have earned the rest, so kick back, pour yourself a very large drink, and congratulate yourself on all your hard work and dedication, we mum's deserve it double......... theres nothing like trying to revise amid the chaos that is kids lol.
Enjoy
Luv Kerry

7:05 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Congrats to you both! I've been there before, just finishing the last exam of the last year before graduation, and I know how sweet it feels!

I'm definitely having a double tonight. Or more than one ...

The BBQ sounds excellent! If you guys still have my email address, just email me details, I'd love to come see you and bring you a bit of something to celebrate with!

7:57 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Well done, Mel! :D

Now, can we talk about you and YIM? :P

4:49 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Don't worry, I will be back YIMming very soon. :-P

7:23 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Uh huh. I'll believe that when I see it! :P LOL

You're not YIMing. You're bloody digging!

7:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home