25 June 2005

Race For Life is Tomorrow!

A shameless plug ...

But it's for a good cause!

Malorie and I are "running" (more like walking) the 5K Race for Life for Cancer Research UK tomorrow, and we're trying to get as many donations as possible. So if you have a bit of cash to spare, click on the link to our page and give as much as you can!

You can make donations through their secure server. I never see a penny of it so you can be sure it's going to the charity.

Malorie is doing this in memory of her grandmother, who died almost two years ago. I'm doing it in memory of my great-grandmother, who survived breast cancer in the 1970s, and was a very strong woman. She lived until 1989, and I never heard her complain once after her radical mastectomy.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/melinda_and_malorie

I'll post some pictures when we get back tomorrow -- unless I'm in a total state of collapse!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mel, I know it's a while back but, I just had to post a small note here. Little did I know when I donated to your 'Race for Life' what was round the corner for me.

I was diagnosed with BC in July and had a mastectomy last week 22nd August so, I guess my donation was supporting myself in a small way. Keep up the good work.

Luv Cas

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home