23 June 2005

Meet Montoya

When we went to the garden centre a couple of weeks ago to order my "shed", there was a sign saying "For Assistance, Please Go to the Reptile Centre". So we did. The assistant was helping a lady get some frozen white mice to take home for her snake, and while we were waiting, we had a wander round. They had all kinds of snakes, some lizards and some tarantulas.

I made the comment that if I had to choose, I'd much rather have a snake than a tarantula. Suddenly Simon is pricing up equipment to buy me a snake. I said he didn't have to do that, and he said one day he'd like to have one of the baby bearded dragons. Somehow (and why, I don't know) I convinced him to forget getting me a snake and save up to buy one of the dragons.

We brought him home yesterday.

So meet Montoya (Monty for short), a seven week old bearded dragon.

Monty

I have to say he's a real cutie!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

He's an interesting little guy, that's for sure. Last night he slept on his thermometer. LOL He lets his crickets/dinner sit on his nose for ages

I never was much of a reptile person, even though I spent the summers when I was a kid at my grandmother's house where there were little green lizards all over the place, but Monty's changed me.

Hey, I tried to convince Simon to name him Irwin, but he wasn't having it. LMAO

9:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awfully sweet - is he in a container or something? There seems to be a reflection off the picture

11:40 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

He's in a "vivarium", which is wood on three sides, top and bottom, and glass on the front. I had to take it through the glass because he was right up against the front, but I took some more pictures a few minutes ago with the door open that I'll post soon.

11:50 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oh yeah, and since he can grow up to 22 inches long, the vivarium is about five feet wide and two feet deep. LMAO He has lots of room to run around in and chase his crickets!

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home