02 July 2005

Live 8

I really enjoyed watching the Live 8 concert! I didn't think I would, but I've been pretty much glued to it all evening. I've even registered with the Live 8 website, and I've put my virtual self into the march on Edinburgh.

I know it probably wasn't the same kind of experience as being there in Hyde Park, but seeing the crowds, I can imagine what the queues for the toilet were like! There was one advantage however: they showed Def Leppard performing live in Philadelphia over the screens in London. I didn't get to see that. Instead, the BBC showed Jonathon Ross interviewing the Beeb's political editor. I could hear "Pour Some Sugar On Me" in the background. I wish I could have seen that performance!

Update at 1.22 am: Thank heavens! The BBC showed most of the US Live 8 concert following the end of the one in Hyde Park, including Def Leppard! Someone needs to tell Graham Norton, who introduced them, that they're not from Leeds -- they're from Sheffield! Well, three of the five are anyway.

Joe Elliott looks like he's put some weight on, but I don't care. He's still number one in my eyes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home