23 September 2005

Racy Weekend Ahead!

I am going to be in motorsport heaven this weekend! This could be the weekend that decides the World Championship in Formula One. Fernando Alonso doesn't have to score many points to win it, but if he fails to score points, Kimi Raikkonen could still snatch it away from him.

Personally, I want to see Fernando win it, though I know Kate will strongly disagree with me! It's not really that I want to see Fernando win; it's that I want to see Kimi lose! Don't ask me why, but the guy just annoys me. It's not his accent or lack of emotion when he speaks because there are other drivers out there just the same, and I don't have the same problem with them.

My son Braden, on the other hand, is Fernando mad! As Kate says, "Well, someone has to be!"

This is also the weekend of the first ever A1 Grand Prix in Brands Hatch. I really wanted to be there in person to see it because the ticket prices are absolutely awesome, and even passes into the pits are cheap. You don't see that in F1. At the moment, tickets for the F1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone are on sale for £99 for the weekend. The tickets for the A1 race this weekend are £40.

I convinced Simon to subscribe to Sky Sports because it's the only channel we can get that's showing A1. It is going to be absolutely fantastic seeing every car on the grid equally matched. Same engine, same tyres, different drivers.

Of course there are all the support races as well ... The tomboy in me is going to be in her element this weekend! Okay, so I've never been a tomboy, but there must have been a repressed tomboy in there somewhere just waiting to get out, and after driving that kart last Saturday, my racing enthusiasm is greater than ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home