21 September 2005

Off to Climb Hills!

Thank goodness we're having a bit of warm, dry weather! I feel the need to go walking up and down hills!

I'm only conquering little hills today though. Simon says he has always wanted to see Stonehenge, and not too far from here is the "Stonehenge of the North". The main difference is that someone has knocked this one down. Perhaps it was Chevy Chase in "National Lampoon's European Vacation"! And we thought he knocked down the real thing. He must have knocked the Arbor Low Stone Circle down instead!

I've seen Stonehenge a couple of times. Isn't it funny how the American immigrant has seen a lot more of the sites of historic importance in this country than the man who was born and raised here? I'm sure that's usually the case. I think I was 28 before I went to the top of Reunion Tower in Dallas and saw the Alamo in San Antonio.

Pictures will follow later on my Beaten Path blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home