21 September 2005



What is it with people ... I throw myself down onto a stone, offering to sacrifice myself to whoever might want me ...

No takers. No pretence of a knight in shining armour. Not even the pretence of a lager lout on the pull. Even Simon laughed, snapped a picture, and wandered off to sit on a rock and eat his sandwiches.

Romance is dead in Derbyshire.

Of course I don't usually like having my picture taken. I never have. Pictures like this only reinforce my tendency to stay behind the camera:




Maybe I should have tried being a naked sacrifice. Nah. That might have scared the sheep.

Based on a slightly true but fictional story that popped into my head on a long walk down a boring country lane while looking at the images of the pictures I took with the digital camera! I did lie down on that rock, and I did wish some knight in shining armour (or even my husband in his sweaty t-shirt) would do something romantic, but that's about as far as it goes. Come to think of it, I did mention being a naked sacrifice, but the hubby wasn't interested. Maybe it was the sheep putting him off.

Don't ask me why Simon took the picture of me adjusting my top. I only blogged that photo because it was the most interesting picture of me I've seen in ages!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Calm down, Pete! It's only a story!

6:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home