03 September 2005

Wedding Anniversary

It's my third wedding anniversary today. Well, mine and Simon's. We kind of have to share it. That's how anniversary's usually work.

We've known it was coming for, oh, 12 months now, and at 3.30 this afternoon, he asked me, "So what do you want to do tonight?" I hate it when he does that because if I do tell him what I'd like to do (although at this moment in time I haven't got a clue), he'll say, "Nah ..." But if I ask him what he would like to do, he'll say, "Whatever you want to do"!

Aren't we a weird couple?

I did have my anniversary present from him. He's paid for me to go karting in two weeks, where I will get to race against a real F1 driver! I would have gone even if he hadn't paid for it, but it was very generous of him to pay for it for me. And it makes my present to him look a little lame: a backpack and proper walking pole for when we go hill walking. But I've also booked and paid for us to go away next month, just the two of us.

Okay, originally the plan was to take Malorie and Braden with us, but they can't be bothered to go, and the only time Simon and I have ever spent the night in a hotel together was our wedding night. That was an experience, apart from the fact it was our first night as man and wife. Simon got sick. Not drunk sick (thank god), but he suddenly started running a really high fever. We never cracked open the champagne, and I used the ice in the ice bucket to cool him down.

Next month I'm taking him to London. He's never been to central London, and the only time he's ever been in the Greater London area was to make a delivery for the glass company he worked for years and years ago, and when we are on the M25 to make the run to Gatwick Airport. I've spent a lot of time in London because I spent three summers at King's College when I was a university student in Texas. Now it's my turn to show Simon around. We don't have a lot of time, but I'll definitely drag him through the Tower of London.

And if he doesn't help me figure out what we're doing for our anniversary tonight, I might just leave in locked up in one of the Towers.

4 Comments:

Blogger letti said...

happy anniversary!

4:05 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks, Letti! :-)

9:30 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Yeah. Happy 3rd, old girl! :P :D

10:50 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Gary! You'll never guess what he decided he wanted to do for our anniversary. While my friend Lynn was here, he practically demanded that I go to Tesco and get something to cook a nice dinner. I was shocked because he rarely demands anything, and when I got home he said, "Oh geez, I was only joking! When have I ever demanded you do something?" LMAO But Lynn thought he was serious too!

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home