26 December 2005

Boxing Day

Christmas is over. Boy, is my house a mess, but right now I don't care. The kids all seemed happy with their presents (even though I bought the wrong batteries for two of Jack's main presents and the batteries I did buy for the five new MP3 players were so crap, they only lasted ten minutes!). The turkey was ready on time, and we ate well before the deadline when Daniel's mum was picking him up.

I actually got two of the three presents I listed on my blog a few weeks ago, even though Simon says he never reads my blog. He didn't get me the man punching bag (isn't that a shame, Diana?), but I did get the "Pride and Prejudice" (BBC 1995 version) DVD I wanted. I also got one of the Christian Dior Poison perfumes, but he bought me the red one instead of purple. I'm not complaining though. After smelling it, I prefer it to the purple that I asked for! I also got some digital scales so I can weigh myself instead of spending £5 a week to go spend 30 seconds standing on the scales at Weight Watchers, since I haven't had time to stay for meetings thanks to kids being sick, university, etc.

I'll need the scales, too. I've eaten like a pig. Diet? What diet? Isn't pecan pie good for you? And I keep reading studies that say chocolate is good for you. I'm trying to convince myself to get up and go jogging in the morning since Simon's poo-poohed the idea of walking up Kinder Scout. I haven't given up on doing that before my holidays are over. I might have to do it by myself or take someone else, but that's fine by me.

And the in-laws called in. It was a very nice visit, and we've been invited to their house tomorrow night. That was a bit of a surprise, but it's Christmas and I'm not going to turn down anyone's hospitality. Doz says she'll crack open the bottle of Wolf Blass wine I bought them while I'm there. Sounds good to me. I'd love to give it a try.

So Christmas is over, my diet is temporarily blown, my house is a disaster, and Scrooge is back on his computer in his office after spending the day being un-Scrooge-like. He's even washed all the dishes today!

4 Comments:

Blogger letti said...

ALL our diets are blown..heheh..Merry belated christmas!

3:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that is a shame!! Think he got a bit intimidated by it?? ;-)
Good to read you had a great Christmas tho!!

9:36 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

He thinks he's intimidated ... I'm still going to make him do it! ;-)

10:15 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm still eating the fudge I made on Friday that didn't turn out right but tastes good anyway! :-) I figure I'll be careful this week, but I'm still going to enjoy my diet holiday and eat a few of the things I avoid while dieting. The gym re-opens next week, and I'll do extra time on the treadmill and rowing machine in penance! LOL

8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home