01 December 2005

"Getting to Know You"

I received this by email from my friend Pauline in Scotland, and as well as annoying all my friends by sending it on to them, I'm going to post it on my blog!

* * * * * * * * * *


Welcome to the new edition of getting to know your friends. Okay here's what
you're supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the fun! Just copy
(not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can
send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a
whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you.
Some of you may get this several times- that means you have lots of Friends.

1. What is your full name now ? Melinda Kaye Knowles

2. What colour pants/knickers are you wearing? Black with white, turquoise and pink polka dots and turquoise lace

3. What are you listening to right now? I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Now

4. What was the last thing you ate? I'm sitting at the computer with caramel flavour rice cakes

5. Do you wish on stars? Yep

6. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Magenta

7. How is the weather right now? Cold, wet and totally depressing

8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mummy, unless you count the stroppy doctor's receptionist I spoke to Monday morning.

9. Do you like the person who sent this to you and why ? Of course! One of my favourite Scots!

10. How old are you today? 38, but I don't want to think about it

11. Favourite drink? Despite the lovely new beers I tried last night, I still prefer Bailey's

12. Favourite sport? Formula One

(what happened to number 13 then..?)

14. Siblings? 3 sisters

15. Favourite food? I have to pick just one? I could provide a page-long list, there are so many things I love!

16. What was the last movie you watched? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

17. Favourite day of the year? First real day of spring

18. What was your favourite toy as a child? I always preferred books. Once a geek, always a geek!

19. Summer or winter? Summer

20. Hugs or kisses? Both at the same time

21. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Do you want your friends to email you back? I'd like it, but it's not required

23. Who is most likely to respond? If I dared send it to Pete, it would be him, but I think I'll leave him off this time. The answers leave me wondering about his sanity.

24. Who is least likely to respond? Most of the people I'm going to send it to

25. Living arrangements? In a house with three bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet ...

26. When was the last time you cried? I almost cried last week when I found out I wasn't going to get to go to Silverstone and see Mark Webber plus drive around the track in a single seater, but I managed to fight back the tears. I did get teary this afternoon when I had a lovely email from Diana.

27. What pets do you have and their names? Mitch the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Monty (Juan Pablo Montoya Jnr) the Bearded Dragon

28. Who is the friend you have had the longest? I've known Eric, Shun and Jason since we were in the sixth or seventh grade. I can't think of anyone I'm in touch with now that I've known longer who isn't related to me.

29. What did you do last night? Had a Tae Kwon Do class, then met Kate at a noodle bar for food and beer.

30. Favourite smell? Joop for Men. Drives me crazy.

31. Favourite TV show? CSI

32. Happy In life? It's not bad. I've known worse.

33. What are you afraid of? Losing my kids

34. Plain, buttered or salted popcorn? Buttered

35. Favourite car? McLaren BMW F1 road car

36. Favourite Flower? Carnations

37. Number of keys on your key ring? 8, I think

38. How many years at your current job? Job? Ask me again next year when I have one.

39. Favourite day of the week? Saturday

40. How many cities have you lived in? Nacogdoches, Richardson, Garland, Waxahachie, and Commerce, Texas, plus Sheffield and Chesterfield in England

41. Do you make friends easily? I guess I do, never thought about it.

42. How many people will you be sending this to? Since Pauline was nice enough to send it to me, I really should send it to as many people as I can!

* * * * * * * * * *


And now that I've had a reply from Kate with additional questions provided by another of her email correspondents, I have a few more to add:

Cherry or Blueberry? I can't decide, so I'll take both!

What do you do to vent anger? Work out in the gym or kick the crap out of something in Tae Kwon Do.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Only to put highlights in, otherwise my hair is dull and boring.

Do you wear contacts or glasses? Nope, and I think I'm the only person in my family who doesn't!

What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and my David Coulthard backpack.

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? I like garlic burgers. People don't tend to come around me after I've had a garlic burger, but then again, being on Weight Watchers I don't tend to eat them anymore. But if I did, it would be a garlic burger.

What do you hate? Hypocrisy and people with bad grammar, even though I tend to fall into that trap myself in conversation.

How old do you think you will live to be? As if I'd jinx myself by guessing!

What's your favourite colour? At the moment I have a thing for silver.

Your greatest frustration? That I've made so many screw-up, crap decision in my life that have led me absolutely nowhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home