27 November 2005

Stepford Child

What has happened to Jack? In the past 24 hours, he has learned he likes mushrooms and Brussels sprouts, volunteered to load the dishwasher, and started reading the first Harry Potter book. He even went with me to walk the dog.

For a seven-year-old boy, that's absolutely amazing!

On the other hand, the other two are being typical teenagers. Malorie went with me to my university library so I could grab a book and photocopy a couple of chapters. With the abdominal pains I've been having, I didn't want to go by myself in case I had another attack. She actually volunteered to go, then complained the entire time about my choice of CD in the car (Now 60 Disc 2), and how boring it was in the library (for the whole 15 minutes she was forced to sit reading a newspaper). Now that it's late on a Sunday evening and I'm trying to study, she's decided she wants me to colour her hair.

Braden has spent all day on the X-Box. He also volunteered to go with me to the library, but I didn't see the need for both of them to go. I had to tell him several times in the past 24 hours to take a shower, and he finally did. Then it was back on the X-Box since I wouldn't let him go out with his friends.

But Jack has decided that he wants to clean the kitchen now ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home