31 December 2005

Last Post of 2005

Wow, yet another year comes to an end. I've seen quite a few since 1967 turned into 1968, even if I don't remember much about those early New Year's celebrations!

So how am I ringing in the New Year this time around? I'm watching television, playing Sudoku on the PSP and pigging out on food that most definitely isn't on my diet. I can't wait for the gym to re-open this week. I need a good workout. Or two. Or three ... I've ordered an aerobics DVD, but it hasn't arrived yet. Normally I wouldn't bother, but this one sounded really cool: Fit to Strip. It teaches you stripping (yes, as in taking your clothes off) and pole dancing as a form of aerobics. It's a bit late in the day for that kind of career change, but it still sounded like a real laugh.

It'll come in handy when I'm trying to fit myself into the new clothes I've bought the past couple of days ... Treating myself to new clothes (sizes 12 and 14) and then stopping at KFC wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had.

One more day left until I have to really crack down and get my assignments done for university, too. I also need to hand in "Extenuating Circumstances" forms because of my stupid gall bladder. I had a really bad attack two days ago, which freaked Braden out a bit. It was the worst one I've had, and I was in the living room when it hit. It was also the first one that has made me cry. I ended up doing my breathing exercises from when I gave birth to help get through it. Believe it or not, it worked better for gall stones than for contractions. I would have loved some gas and air though.

An ordinary end to a fairly ordinary year, though I have to admit I'm trying to be more than ordinary myself!

Happy New Year everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Damn! O.O The gall of your gall bladder! That thing needs to behave!

4:32 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

I just hope the NHS hurries up and takes the bloody thing out! *groan*

4:57 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Yeah. I hope all goes well when that finally does happen, Melinda.

9:54 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Gary! I'll keep you posted. :-) I'm just thankful that it looks like it's something as simple as gall stones, considering other alternatives. Saying that, they haven't given me the final diagnosis yet, but I'm pretty sure it's only my gall bladder!

My mother said that I seem to have inherited my dad's gall stones, and my sister Shannon has inherited his kidney stones. At least they can take my gall bladder out and resolve the problem! She's stuck with her kidneys!

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home