26 December 2005

Twas the Day After Christmas ...

And all over the house, the kids are still hyper.
The dog is chasing a mouse ...

No, I'm not drunk. Just silly.

I would like to thank my gall stones for not putting in an appearance on Christmas Day itself. They waited until the wee hours of Boxing Day to make me suffer, and it was the worst attack I've had by far. I've told Simon that it looks like I'm cancelling my trip to Brussels in February with my university. I don't want to be that far from home in a strange hotel room, or even sitting on a coach or a ferry, and have another attack like that. I seriously doubt the NHS will have it all sorted by then either. I honestly thought that last night I was going to have to wake Simon up to take me to casualty, the pain was that severe.

I've almost fully recovered now from this attack, but I'm still sore. And I'm very disappointed not to be going to Brussels. I had a wonderful time when I went this year. Still, with the money I'm saving, I can pay for tickets for Simon and I to go to the British Grand Prix! Always look on the bright side of life *insert whistling*.

Malorie has spent the morning colouring her hair. Seems she didn't want to be a blond anymore. I consider myself lucky that she wanted a "normal" colour -- it's about the same as mine now -- and not bright pink, blue or yellow.

One of Jack's Christmas presents has already broken. We got the boys digital cameras because they love snapping photos, but now Jack's doesn't work.

And tonight we're going to my in-laws. This should be interesting. But it's still the season of Christmas, and I'm going to put on my happy face and be my normal social self, even if on the inside I sometimes ask myself "Is he/she for real?" I'm trying to extend that Christmas spirit to a friend of mine who sent me an email wishing me a Merry Christmas and giving me details on how to buy his CD, which he has recently recorded. It wouldn't have bothered me, but this was from someone I at least used to consider a good friend, and it was the only contact I had from him for Christmas. It didn't help that the same email was mass mailed to about a hundred other people.

Now I'm off to watch the Christmas episode of "My Family", recorded last night because we had visitors. I need a really good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home