13 January 2006

Mums Can Be Playground Bullies Too!

You would think that by the time someone is old enough to have a child in juniors at primary school, they'd be mature enough to deal with other people. Not at my kids' school!

Yesterday some of the boys picked on Jack because his dad had him put his Gameboy in his bookbag. When Jack was putting his homework in his bookbag, one of them saw it and started shouting at him that he's not allowed Gameboys at school. Then they got the teacher and tried to get Jack into trouble. Jack was in tears when he came out.

Ricky asked who the boys were that did it, and he pointed to a few walking down the street with one of their mums, who I know pretty well and have always gotten along with. She asked what happened, and I explained without being accusatory.

Today after school, that mum was walking up to where we usually stand on the playground to wait for the kids to come out. She was with some other mums, and as soon as she saw me, she stopped suddenly and started whispering to the other two. She never came near me or said hello or anything.

Am I being paranoid? I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter what other people think of me, but it's hard always feeling like an outsider. A lot of people treat me like one, as if I'm here temporarily so why get to know me? Because of it, I value every "hello", every smile I get, every time someone stops to ask me how things are going. Even if just one person speaks to me when I go somewhere, it brightens my day.

Ahhh, the joys of PMT. I'm sure that's why I'm feeling overemotional. That and the lack of sleep I've been getting thanks to the gallstones! I'll be "normal" again in an hour or so, maybe even sooner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home