21 December 2004

Seven Months to Harry Potter Six!

Good news from J.K. Rowling! Her sixth Harry Potter book has been delivered to the publishers, and we only have to wait until the 16th of July 2005 to read it. When the fifth came out last year I was up bright and early waiting for the postman to deliver not one, but two copies (which I accidentally ordered through amazon, I thought the first order didn't go through). I read the whole thing in one day. Then I went back and re-read it at a pace I could enjoy. I was determined that no one was going to spoil the story for me!

Bad news from J.K. Rowling! She's killed off another character. It's pretty certain it won't be Harry, otherwise there's no point in writing the seventh in the series. I hope it's not Ron or Hermione because I think they're important to the character development. Besides, we've got romance blooming there.

Of course my kids all love the books as well as I do, especially Malorie and Daniel. Braden hates reading, though he enjoys Harry Potter. I was surprised at how many times Malorie has read each book because her father has "forbidden" her to read them. He says they're satanic. Malorie doesn't usually go against her father's wishes, being a real Daddy's Girl, but thankfully she does have a mind of her own sometimes. I might want my kids to be well-behaved, but I want them to be able to make judgments on their own. They'll have to when they're adults.

4 Comments:

Blogger zuzula said...

satanic? wow - sounds a little extreme. Glad your daughter is ignoring that little gem. They're great stories and they're encouraging kids to get reading - which is good enough for me!

12:58 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

You don't know my ex! LMAO He's one person I know most likely to start his own cult.

I agree, it's great that kids are reading again and getting off the Playstations and X-Boxes, even if it's only until the Harry Potter games come out to go along with the books!

Thanks for your comment! It's greatly appreciated.

1:17 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Hiya, Mel. I saw the news about the Rowling book. Placed my pre-order already, of course. I'm looking forward to getting it.^^

3:04 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hiya Gary! I placed mine as well! I can't remember when, but it wasn't long after she announced the title of the book. I'm sure I'll try to read it all in one day again! LOL

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home