31 January 2005

Diary Entry

1.46 am Back to university today, and of course I'm up into the wee hours of the morning making candles! Thank goodness I don't have to be there until 1.00 in the afternoon, but I still have to get up and take the boys to school. Lately they have been a couple of monsters when it comes time to doing as they're told, so I'm pretty sure there will a lot of shouting on my part and ignoring on their part.

I've managed to sort some of the shop crap out, but not a lot. We decided that since we're both aching from doing all the moving yesterday (I still say we should have gone a bit slower and done it over two days), we'd have today off to recover.

3.36 am Problem solved about having to go to uni tomorrow then spend the rest of the day sorting out the stuff in the house. I had the option of going in tomorrow or Wednesday. Originally I chose tomorrow because the tutor will be handing back our tort law essays, and I'm eager to see how badly I did. I've emailed her and said I will be coming on Wednesday instead.

Not only have I got an entire house to re-organise, but Malorie is sick with a bad cold. It's nice not having the shop anymore because Simon would be here with her while I was gone, but the kids all seem to want Mum when they're not well. As sick as she is, she's still been boy mad today, asking about her latest love interest, Pandy, when I went to do the shopping. "Did you see Pandy when you went?" "Yes, Malorie. I saw Pandy". "Was he still playing football?" "Yes, Malorie, he was playing football". "Did you see Pany when you were on your way home?" And so on.

She wanted to know earlier if I fancied as many boys as she does when I was 15. I told her she better ask her grandparents the answer to that one. I'm sure my dad would be more than happy to fill her in on how boy-mad I was!

1.29 pm I had an absolutely crap night's sleep. I don't remember Simon tossing and turning, but I sure did! The dog didn't help. I don't know if he got cold in the night, but he tried to snuggle as well, and that usually means I'm squished up into the foetal position. I'm only just got up, though I've been awake several times for long spells. I have to be at uni tomorrow at 9.00 am, so I have got to get to bed early tonight and try to sleep well.

Now it's time to get some organising done around here. Between the time Simon gets back from Graham's (in about an hour) and the time I go to bed (probably about 11, I hope) that's what we're going to be doing. I've got Malorie, Ricky and Jack all home from school with bad coughs and sore throats, so they can do a bit to help since the little two, especially, seem to have tons of energy despite their colds.

3.59 pm Simon's still at Graham's, and I've been doing a bit of organising, candlemaking, and kid-referreeing. I knew his "in about an hour" would be longer than "in about an hour". He's on man time.

I stopped my cleaning because I came across a thank-you card I got from my grandmother recently. This was written after my revelation to her that I don't like George Bush, so I think she's "forgiven" me for turning traitor. I wanted to put what she wrote on here so that if I lost the card itself, I would still have what she wrote to me saved.



Dear Kaye* and all --

I appreciate you all a lot. I love all the candles and have them all over the house. you do wonderful work.

Happy New Year to all --
Love,
Granny J.

P.S. We were all together for Christmas Day and it was wonderful. Missed all of you. Maybe next year you can come. Karen and Erin did all the work (Keith washed dishes). We're very happy to have Cody living back in Ennis with Keith. Is 16 and driving. Yikes! Ricky, the Christmas card that you designed is just beautiful. I actually looked on the back to see where it came from, it's so pretty! I'm hoping to see Malorie and Braden before they leave. Hi to Ricky, Jack, Daniel and Simon. Guys, Sir sent Christmas money over the internet to you, from me. Let me know that you received it and ontime, please! Happy New Year!

P.S. #5 I'm slowly getting over the fall that I took downtown on Main Street on Dec. 7. I tripped in antique brick street, and drew quite a crowd. (Main Street, across from Latsons). Sprained left ankle, right big toe, right wrist and now that the scab has come off, I see that my chin has been reshaped and I have a cleft. Someone told a friend of mine that "some elderly person fell down there". That was the worst blow.
XXXOOO

P.S. #6 I'm looking forward to gorging on the shortbread.


*My family calls me by my middle name, yuck! They always have and always will.

7.26 pm The living room is starting to resemble something like its normal self again. I've tidied (in a fashion) around my desk, and I have a new desk chair! The one out of the shop, which is much nicer than the one I've had the past few years, is all mine now. It's so much more comfy on my butt, and it doesn't make popping sounds when I sit on it!

I've sold a candle today. Only one, but she's placed an order to come pick up some more. Hopefully word of mouth will spread anyway, like it's done on the internet.

I'm looking forward to going back to uni tomorrow. I need to get my brain back to thinking. Lately I've not only felt it hard to motivate myself, but my memory seems to be fading a bit. It's not too bad. I can still do things like remember my home phone number from when I was about eight years old (495-3853), I can remember events and things, but I'm fading on names and faces. There are times when I can't remember things I've studied. Concepts I'm okay with, but specifics seem to be harder than they used to be. I know that since I'm getting ever closer to forty, that was probably inevitable, but I've always believed in "use it or lose it", and if I don't exercise my brain cells, they fade away.

We've given Ricky and Jack the computer out of the shop. It was mine originally, but when I moved my desk down here to the living room, I decided to use the laptop instead so I would have more space to spread out my books and papers. They have to prove they can take care of it, but so far today they've played up so much they've been told they'll have to wait another day before we put it in their room.

11.43 pm I wanted to be in bed by 11.00 tonight but lost track of time! Oh well, I guess I might just manage to get about seven hours of sleep, which isn't too bad, unless you're not a morning person. I am definitely not a morning person. I love mornings, but I hate waking up. Still, it's back to uni tomorrow, so I need to get into a regular routine. My calendar should help, and now I just have to work on that motivation I mentioned earlier. I did manage to get motivated to make candles and wax melts. That's good anyway. I could do with some more orders to get the money rolling in, but I need to revamp my website to do that.

My dreams have been getting weirder and weirder, and that's saying a lot because they were weird to start with. I can't remember the ones I had last night, which is a pity because I woke up this morning actually thinking that I needed to go record them in my blog! Maybe I was just dreaming about blogging. Oh, I do remember one part of my dream now. In real life, we're planning on decorating the stairway and landing in a kind of racing theme. In other words, we're going to hang up our photos and prints of F1 drivers, stuff like that. Well Graham had made us some shelves for the shop, and when we took them down, he suggested that they might look nice going up the stairs (on the wall obviously). I thought that was a brilliant idea because we could put things like my FW16 with DC driving and my new radio controlled McLaren. It's tiny, so it would fit on the shelf perfectly, and it looks like something that would be displayed.

Anyway, in my dream David Coulthard was hear at the house helping me decorate, and I was showing him my F1 memorabilia. That's all I can remember though. Still, if DC was in the dream, it had to have been a good one!

For once I have plenty to ramble on about (nothing of any importance though) but I'm so tired I'm heading off to bed now. Before midnight, so it's an early night for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home