17 January 2005

Diary Entry

3.40 am I haven't been awake all night. I actually went to bed early for me. Then the dog woke me up, and I thought I better come down and see if he "shat" in the office. He did, but it's funny how he did it. It's like he knew Simon would rub his nose in it if he did it on the carpet, so he did it on the corner of his doggy bed! I think that was rather nice of him because I'm sure he was going up and down the stairs to tell Simon he wanted to go out. I couldn't get up with him because I had (and have) a migraine. I won't let Simon chastise him too much. I cleaned it up anyway so he can't have his nose rubbed in it.

I was wide awake after I got back downstairs, so I sent a long reply to one of Gary's emails. It took me almost 40 minutes, and I type fast! I don't usually write that much, though I do on occasion. My emails to Pete are comparatively short, and his replies are characteristically brief, if not non-existent. Gary and I have long communiques.

Now I'm tired, so I think I'll see if I can get some sleep. The migraine has eased a bit.

11.58 am I still have the migraine, but I'm going to have to get ready and go into the shop in a bit. Simon doesn't seem to want to work all day anymore. I don't think he's working on the getting the ice cream van ready today because it'll be absolutely freezing out there. We had snow last night.

I hope the headache goes soon. My exam is in two days, and I have tons more studying to do!

2.55 pm Well my stupid car won't start again. It always does this when it gets really cold, and with all the snow we had last night, I'll bet it decided to stage another protest. Now I've got to use Simon's car to go pick the boys up from school, then head up to the shop after I drop them off here, only they'll fuss at me because they don't like me leaving them. It makes me feel guilty too.

4.06 pm I picked the boys up from school, and Ricky was in a great mood, but Jack has decided to be weepy. First he was upset because he thought it was table tennis club after school today, but that's not until Thursday. Then he decided to cry because "everyone" was being mean to him at school. When he got home he cried because he was hungry, which he probably was because Simon didn't pack very much in their school dinners today.

Now I'm in the shop determined to get some studying done if possible, but after the hysterics at home, my head is hurting even worse than it was before. To top it all off, I've started my period, which I knew was going to happen as soon as I got the migraine last night. At least Simon seems to be in a good mood.

8.10 pm I did some studying, but my head hurt so bad I came home. I thought I could have an hour's nap before hitting the books again, but when I got here, I discovered that Simon had been sat on his ass in front of his computer while I was gone, so the kids hadn't been fed! Since Jack was so cranky from not having much lunch, I couldn't believe it. I fed them. Then I sorted out the blown lightbulb in the boys' room, got them showered, etc. No point trying to nap now because Tesco will be delivering in an hour or so, and Simon has gone out. I've got tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday until 4.00 to study.

Since I can't nap and can't study, I've been helping Pete get his blog up and running. That's six blogs I've got on the go! I must be addicted.

9.39 pm The kids are doing my head in. Simon's still gone, so it's up to me to get all of them in bed and quiet. So far, that's easier said than done. I've tried to study, I've tried to nap, I've tried to get them to calm down. All unsuccessful. At least Tesco has been. If I can get the kids to be quiet, I can study uninterrupted. Until Simon gets home anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home