22 January 2005

Diary Entry

3.09 am Well, here I am, after three o'clock in the morning, and I'm wide awake. In fact, I'm more wide awake than I have been in ages. Perhaps it's because the stress of the assignments and exam is over.

I'm taking Simon to TGI Friday's today for lunch. I told him it was my treat. We haven't been anywhere on our own for ages. The last time was probably before we opened the shop last August. We've been out since then, but not on our own. The original plan was to go somewhere so I can take pictures and try out the new camera, but I think that's out of the question now. I'm still feeling really sore and bruised, not to mention the fact it's bloody freezing outside! I'll wait for either some warmer weather or for something worth taking pictures of.

I had a lovely long chat with Gary tonight. I can't remember the last time I chatted to someone that long, though it would have to be Pete. It was nice to be able to chat to someone without Simon glaring at me and giving me the evil eye the way he does when I chat to Pete. Since Gary's mum is British, and he lived in England for a while, we end up chatting about things we both know about. Plus with both of us having a lot of common like Formula One, writing and NOT George Bush, it's hilarious some of the things we come up with.

And speaking of Pete, he's back from his holiday! Yippee! I don't think he had much of a relaxing break though, from what I can gather, which is a real shame because he needed and deserved one. I haven't had much of a chance to chat to him lately, but I definitely know when he's away.

I've just had to take some more pain tablets. I was hoping I wouldn't need to but my neck is screaming at me. I don't feel tired enough to lie down, but it looks like I'm probably going to have to soon. I will as soon as I finish eating something. These tablets are terrible on an empty stomach.

8.48 pm We've had quite a busy day today. We went to get the new exhaust for my car and a bit Simon needs for his ice cream van. Oh fun. It did get better after that. We had a real laugh going through Frith's. They have some Valentines Day fireworks for sale. We were going to buy a couple of the big "Love Rockets", and I told Simon that he would have to ring Graham and ask him if he wants to come round and see his love rocket shoot off! That would be hilarious. Then they had some sex toys for sale with the Valentines' stuff, and Simon picked one up, put it in the trolley and said, "Happy Valentines Day!" In fact, he got off quite easy because we were looking for a bit of something to give Ricky until I can take him to town to spend his birthday money, and I found a little radio controlled McLaren with David Coulthard "driving". I was going to get it for both of us, but Simon said, "Happy birthday!" It's not my birthday for 15 more days. Still, at least it means he was thinking ahead.



After that we went to TGI Fridays. I told Simon I would treat him to a nice lunch. The size of the burger he always orders astonishes me because I can't believe he stays as skinny as he does! I took a picture of him eating it with my mobile phone and sent it by MMS to Graham. He asked Simon later why he didn't bring him one and called him a fat twat.

I had a normal cheeseburger, but afterwards, I picked a different drink to try. Last time I had a Screaming Orgasm, which I give a 9 to on a scale of 1 to 10. The Silver Mercedes I had today, which had vodka, cranberry juice, champagne and orange sherbet, I'll have to give a 6. It wasn't as nice. Next time I'm going to have a Barnumint Baileys. Yum!

I had a nap when we got home because my neck was really killing me again, and when I woke up, Simon asked me if I played with my new rabbit. I said no, it needs a wash because it's covered in WD-40! Yuck!

Now I'm blogging and watching an Australian crime documentary. A very chilled out day, I'd say.

10.01 pm I've got to do some checking into taking the older kids down to Blenheim Palace for a day out. I really want to go since it's been ages since I was there. I toured the house in 1994 on my very first trip to England, and I've been wanting to go back. My mum wants to retire to Woodstock so she can walk over and stare at Blenheim every day! I don't blame her, really. I'll bet that if my parents ever moved to England (though I don't really see them doing that), it would be to Oxford.

You do read some weird stuff on other peoples' blogs. One guy said "I've never met anyone from England or Canada who didn't complain about their medical system". That's funny. I've never met anyone in America who didn't complain about their medical system either. I lived in the US a lot longer than I've lived over here, too. If nothing else, they complain about having to pay for insurance coverage and any residual medical bills, if they have medical insurance to cover their health care in the first place. At least over here, everyone can get medical care. I've never had a complaint.

11.58 pm I've just created a banner for the first time! How cool is that? I'm gonna do some for my candle site and the craft site as well, but I started off with my Scrambled Mind blog. I was going to stick it on here just to show how cool it is, but I can't figure out how. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home