22 January 2005

The Butt of All Jokes ...

Yes, following my fall down the stairs yesterday, I have become the object of not just a few jokes! My dear husband pointed out that it was a good thing I didn't fall on my head, otherwise I might have damaged the stairs. In that case, the university would have had a claim* against me! My father said he hoped I didn't get a concussion from falling on my brains.

Okay, guys, very funny. I'd like to point out, however, that knowing you two as well as I do, had it been one of you who had fallen down the stairs and sustained the same injuries, the world would have come to an end. You wouldn't have gone immediately in to take the exam, and you would have wanted to be waited on hand and foot since you wouldn't be able to lift a finger. I might be moving slowly, and I might have slept a lot of today because of painkillers and pain-escapism, but I've also done the dishes, paid the bills, cooked dinner, and looked after two of the kids.

Where's my halo?


*No, I'm not filing a claim against the university! I'm a law student, and I know tort law. I have no real claim against them because I have suffered no lasting injury (as far as I'm aware anyway) and I have suffered no financial loss. Besides, being American, I tread carefully in such situations as we have a reputation for filing law suits at the drop of a hat, thanks to a notorious claim against McDonalds for spilt coffee. However, I do intend to write a nasty letter to the university, and if I failed the exam, I will be roaring like a baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home