29 January 2005

Gone But Not Forgotten

Our shop is closed. I served my last customer in Eckington this morning, a little girl who came in almost every Saturday to buy some arts and crafts supplies with her weekly spending money. I could always count on her, and she's one of those that I will really miss. Unfortunately, her spending £5 a week wasn't making the shop pay it's own way, as much as her smile was worth a million pounds.

I spent the day boxing up everything, a project that didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would. I guess I was just organised for once. The shelves came down in a matter of hours instead of the days it took to put them up. It makes me wonder what Simon and Graham were up to all those nights when they said they were putting in shelves, but I guess I'll never know.

Now, do I have any volunteers to help me organise all the stock we're going to try to sell online because I can barely move through my downstairs!


R.I.P. Edale Crafts Shop

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I wish you the best of luck with your online endeavours and hope that Edale will soon flourish again!

12:48 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Jenni! Without having to fork out for all the overhead, who knows? :-)

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home