14 February 2005

Diary Entry

2.40 am I haven't been to bed yet. I think I'm on the couch tonight because I can prop myself up and breathe better. What a way to start Valentine's Day! Still, there's always the rest of the day to make up for that. I finished Simon's card and gave it to him, and he said he would treasure it always. He already gave me my gift, but I can't say what it is because I would be too embarrassed!

I had made a card before this one that I was going to give to Simon, but I decided I could do better, so now Malorie is going to give it to Pandy. She's certain he's going to rip it up, but she's going to give it to him anyway. That girl is so boy-mad it's scary, but then again, I was at that age.

I've washed my hair and combed all the tangles out of it ready for my hair appointment later this morning. That's something I definitely won't miss: the rat's nest of tangles at the nape of my neck that I have to battle every morning!

I was supposed to go to my crim theory seminar tonight to make up for the one I'm going to miss next week, but the way I'm feeling, and the fact I'm wide awake at this silly hour, I don't know that I'll be able to manage it. If I don't go, I'll tuck myself up in bed with my books and do some more studying like I've done the past couple of days.

11.44 am The hair is GONE! I'm still kind of in shock, even though I love the style and how light it feels. I'm going to love how easy it is to take care of. I'm just going to have to get used to seeing myself like this. I've got to go drop Ricky and Jack off at their dad's, then I'm going to play around with different styles.

As mad as the boys have been driving me, I'm going to miss them this week. Thank goodness I get to see them next weekend before my trip, or I'd have to go two weeks without a cuddle from my little guys!

3.35 pm My head feels really light! I'm wondering if all the weight of that hair was causing some of the headaches I've had lately. I know I always got headaches when I put it up in a ponytail.

Simon's not very happy about me going to Brussels, now that the trip is getting closer. He was joking around with me and said I couldn't go earlier. I know he wouldn't stop me, but I can tell it's not going to be easy when I leave on Sunday. At least it's only for a few days.

I feel lousy, thanks to this stupid cold. I just want to go back to sleep.

7.19 pm Okay, I guess I'm kind of getting used to seeing my hair like this. I actually liked it a bit better after I slept on it this afternoon! It took some of the bushiness out of it. Braden took a picture of me, and I cropped my body out of the picture. That's the next thing that needs work!

I'm missing the little guys! I'm so used to having Jack (and the dog) jump on me for a cuddle when I least expect it, and then to have Ricky come in and say "I was going to give you a hug, but I guess I can't". He says he can't because Jack is usually already hugging me, so I tell Ricky to come give me a hug anyway while I tickle Jack so he'll shift over a bit.

11.05 pm I don't think Simon likes my hair. He says he does, but he keeps making comments like, "This is going to take some getting used to", "Can I have my Melinda back?" and "As long as you like it that's all that matters". When he was saying that, it's the only time I've come close to crying because of having all my long hair chopped off.

I have to say I like it a bit more now that I've had a shower and played with it a bit. One of the problems is that my hair is ultra-thick, so no matter what I do with it it's going to look like a bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home