11 February 2005

I Think I'm Going To Hell

I can't believe I did this.

This morning when I got to university, I managed to find a good place to park in front of the Learning Centre, which is where my seminar was being held. I parallel parked in with no problem, went to my seminar, and came back to my car. While I was away, someone parked a bit too close to the front of me, so to get out of my parking space (with a pretty good sized Peugeot 406) I had to do a bit of manoevering back and forth. I finally got into a position where I could extricate myself from the parking space.

Lo and behold, a brand new Renault Megane came zooming up the narrow road between the cars parked on both sides. I come across drivers like that all the time around the campus, almost always young male drivers. (This is my experience, not stereotyping.) The driver of the Megane wasn't going to let me get out of my place, so I mumbled to myself "Thanks a lot, you pisshead". I manoevered the car back into the place with some more back and forth, and the Megane zoomed past me. As it went past, I saw the driver.

It was a nun.

I'm going to hell.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you aren't going to Hell. I'm thinking that nun bought a few hundred more years in Purgatory for being rude.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks for that! I hadn't thought about it that way!

6:00 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Erm, the hell with Purgatory. (Was that thought heretical? I've no bloody idea, nor do I care.) Where is it written that wearing a bloody habit guarantees you passage through Heaven's gates?

12:15 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Actually, when it happened, I sat in my car and giggled for ages until I pulled out of the parking space. I wasn't too worried because I'm not even Catholic! I grew up Methodist! LMAO

9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you choose to accept the free gift of Jesus the Christ, you are destined to go to Heaven. He doesn't lie.

3:49 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks for that, Joe.

3:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home