13 February 2005

Diary Entry

3.46 pm Broadband is finally back on, and Simon seems to have figured out the glitch that was keeping my laptop from connecting to the internet. Fingers crossed anyway. I couldn't handle going back to a standard dial-up modem! It would drive me nuts, and I'm a fairly patient person. I don't download stuff either, apart from things like upgrades to Yahoo Messenger and things like that.

My cold is a bit worse today than yesterday, but I guess it still isn't too bad. I can still breathe out of my nose. I haven't taken any cold medicine either. I just hope it's over before next Sunday. I don't want to have a cold any longer than necessary, and definitely not while I'm travelling! It's going to be bad enough having it while doing to lectures and seminars this week. I have to double up on some of them since I'll miss them next week. Still, it'll keep me from getting too far behind. The only one I'm really worried about it missing crim research methods since he said that it's vital we attend all of them to pass the assessment.

I think Malorie has a crush on Coke and Wendy's son Tony. They came up last night for a bit, and they pair of them flirted and punched each other. At least Tony is 17. She usually fancies younger boys, and that worries me!

10.15 pm Duct tape. I need to remember to buy duct tape. Ricky and Jack don't seem to be able to shut up, and instead of talking, they've decided to yell all the time. My head was already splitting because of this stupid cold.

I sound like a total whinger.

Ebay seems to be picking up again, which is good! I've got a few bigger orders than the ones for one or two candles I've been getting lately. I could have had a really good order on some card making stuff too, but Simon screwed up. He told me that the bulk packs of cards which had a label saying "100" each had 100 cards in them. Made sense. They don't. They only have 50 in them, but he put the label with the "100" on them so he would know what kind of cards they were. When I asked him how many were in there, he said "100"! Then a woman wanted to buy 150, and I looked and had exactly 150. Or at least I thought I did. Then Simon told me he'd taken 50 out of each pack labelled 100. Sometimes I wonder where it is he keeps his brains.

11.46 pm Well, I spoke too soon! Even more ebay orders have come in! It always happens when I've got a lot to do, other orders and coming in, and I don't feel well. I'm not complaining though, as much as it might sound like it. I'd complain if I didn't have orders coming in! I love making them. It's packaging them up that I don't like doing. It's a pain.

I need to get up early in the morning, but for once I don't think I'll have a problem tomorrow because I'm still excited about having my hair cut! I'm not tired right now. I had a nap this afternoon because of my cold.

1.15 am I was wanting to finish Simon's Valentine's card, but he won't go to bed! I'm sure that as soon as I get my card making stuff out, he's going to come in the living room. So I've been making candles. So far I've managed six out of the 18 in the most urgent order, but then I have 14 more to make for two other orders. I hope it keeps up like this! If it does, and if Simon finally gets my shelves up in the storage space under the stairs, I can make and store some so I'm not rushing around at the worst possible times to get them made when orders come in.

I've decided on a book to take with me to read on the coach next week: "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule. I read it years ago and have been wanting to read it again. I don't know how much chance I'll have on the trip, but I'm going to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home