12 February 2005

Diary Entry

9.10 am For some reason my computer suddenly disconnected from the internet last night and wouldn't reconnect. Simon does so much crap with his computer that mine usually suffers as a result. The last time this happened, I ended up sitting in the shop until about midnight doing legal research for one of my essays! Thankfully I don't have any pressing assignments, but I do have quite a few auctions ending on ebay today, and I'd like to be able to keep track of them. I'm sure he'll kick me off his computer as soon as he gets out of bed, though I can't see that being for several hours because he didn't go to bed until about 4.30 this morning.

I can't go get my haircut today. I'm absolutely gutted. I rang up to check my available credit on my Visa, and I didn't realise the repairs to the ice cream van had used up so much. It's going to have to wait until I get back from Belgium and pay day rolls around again. I was hoping to get it all out of my way before the trip! Oh well. It's not really that important. It's not like there's a big impact on life as I know it.

I have come down with the bloody cold that Ricky, Jack and Malorie had last week and that Braden has this week. That totally sucks. I hate colds. Still, I'm hoping that I can get it over with now rather than have it strike in Belgium! Fingers crossed it'll be gone or at least almost over by next Sunday. I can just see it being like Silverstone last year. I spend years waiting to go to the British Grand Prix, and when I finally get to, I catch the flu and don't enjoy it at all. Apart from coming face-to-face with David Coulthard. That was when my cold was just a sniffle, so I was able to enjoy that. Now if I can just get my period out of the road, too, but I think that's not due until the weekend!

As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to go back to bed. Ricky and the dog woke me, and I'm feeling rough, so I'm going to go crawl back under the duvet and snuggle down where it's warm. If I'm going out with Shell tonight, I'll need to be as well as possible!

10.54 pm Broadband has been down all day for lots of people across the country. It's still down, so Simon connected the phone line to my dial up modem on the laptop for now. Needless to say I won't be spending much time online tonight. I've become spoiled by broadband, and this is just too slow for me! I'll go back to studying when I've finished typing this.

I've got an appointment to have my hair cut Monday morning! Simon suggested I ask Marie for the number of her hairdresser, and it turns out she uses Paula, whose son is in Jack's class. She said she recognised my accent, and I recognised her voice. Anyway, she said she'll chop it all off for me for £10, though as thick as it is, I'll be happy to pay her more! I don't think she knows what she's let herself in for! Still, once it's cut, and now that I have her number, I can keep it trimmed so it won't take a real hacking to get it sorted next time.

Shell and I didn't go out tonight. Shelley's babysitter backed out, so we're going to go next Saturday. Shell said she didn't want to let me down, but she hasn't. These things happen. Besides, I have this cold coming on and my chest feels tight, so spening a few hours in smoky pubs wouldn't have been very fun. It'll be better next weekend when I'm better.

I've tried to study this afternoon, but the boys have been so loud it's been hard to concentrate! Jack has spent most of the time on Braden's Gameboy, and he has to shout commentary the whole time to everyone else in the house. Ricky has been bored, so I told him to go read a book. Jack actually came off the Gameboy and started reading too! I'm impressed.

An otherwise exciting day ... okay, not really. But hopefully broadband will be back on tomorrow so I can use my computer without losing my patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home