15 February 2005

Diary Entry

11.11 am Nothing interesting to write so far today. My cold is worse so I've stayed home from uni. I can make up two of the three lectures tomorrow and Friday. I feel absolutely lousy. My throat is sore, my nose is bunged up and the glands in my neck are all swollen. Oh fun.

8.29 pm I've been studying and watching television and basically being miserable, so I won't whinge too much here. Lately I've done nothing but complain in my diary, though I guess I have to have an outlet for it somewhere. Days like today, when I don't feel very well, and the kids wind me up ... well, I suppose writing about it is better than throwing things. I don't want to break anything after all.

Today it's just Malorie though. She came in at 7.00, as she was supposed to, and asked if she could stay out until 8.00. I know she's 16, but I've told her that if she keeps acting like a little kid, I'm going to keep treating her like a little kid. Little kids come in at 7.00. So, since I thought I'd give her a chance, I said of course she could stay out until 8.00. Did she come in at 8.00? Nope. At twenty past Braden went out and dragged her in. Otherwise, who knows what time she would have wandered in. She said she "forgot" to come home. I actually believe her, but she's going to have to learn. A boss wouldn't be very sympathetic if she said she "forgot" to come back from her lunch break.

Simon says he's not very well, but he's able to sit and play on his computer with no problem. He said he was going to get some laundry done today so I can have clean clothes to pack this weekend. So far, no laundry. BUT I'll bet when I get back from Brussels, the entire house will be clean so he can show me that he's able to do it, so why can't I. The fact that I'm at university never seems to matter, even though most of what gets tidied up during the week I'm the one who does it, or he tells the kids to do some of it.

Okay, so I'm whinging. Not only do I have this cold, I have PMT. Great timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home