11 April 2005

Race For Life!

I have a new Mother-Daughter project for Malorie and myself to sink our teeth into: the 5K Race for Life for Cancer Research UK! It's a fund raising event for women, and in the past they've raised £70 million.

We even have our own Race for Life webpage which you can see if you click here.



I'm hoping that, between us, we can raise £150.00, more if possible, so if you would like to sponsor us, we would be eternally grateful! By using the link above, you can sponsor us by secure online server so you know your money goes straight to the cause. I never see it, so you can check out the charity for yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

This is great, Melinda. I used to work for the American Cancer Society, and I always appreciate anyone who takes the time to fundraise for the cause of their choice. I wish I could donate now, but maybe after I start my new job in a few weeks. Best of luck to you and Malorie, and a huge thanks to you both as well!

7:42 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks, Jenni! I'm a no-pressure sponsorship seeker, so no worries about the donation. I know what it's like to be short of cash for job (and other) reasons! LOL

It's a cause that's close to my heart though. My paternal grandfather died of liver cancer when I was 6, one of my maternal greatgrandmothers had breast cancer when I was about 9 (I remember when she came home from hospital after her radical mastectomy), my maternal grandfather was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma when I was 19 and survived that only to die of heart failure in 1994, and my only aunt has leukemia.

I'm also eager to help raise money for diabetes research because my father was diagnosed as a diabetic a few years ago.

Some times my comments are longer than the original blog! LMAO

6:30 pm  
Blogger Jenni said...

But that's okay, because we love reading what you have to say, no matter where you say it :)

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home