01 April 2005

Decorating Day Two

I'm going out tonight so I haven't had time to do as much in the boys' room as I would have liked. I think stripping the wallpaper is going to be easier than I thought at first on most of the room. In fact, Ricky and Jack have managed to pull a lot of it off by themselves, and Braden has done some of the higher parts of the walls they couldn't reach. There's just this one wall where the woodchipped paper seems to want to stay put. That's what I've been working on, so it looks like I haven't done as much. On the contrary, I've had to chip away at every little bit of wood that's adhered itself to the wall!

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish stripping the two main walls so I can paint them on Sunday and put the wardrobes together on Monday. Then their room can start looking more organised and less like a hurricane just passed through.

Malorie has disappeared for the day, so when she comes in, she can be the one who gets to pick up all the pieces of wallpaper the rest of us have pulled off. It's not all that much actually because I've been cleaning as I go along.

I'll have some pics of the progress soon. For now I'll try to find a "before" picture of the disaster zone.



You can't see a lot (which is actually a good thing) but you can see the hideous rug I put in there to hide it from the rest of the world after Simon's step-mother gave it to us, the colour of the walls, and the old wardrobes.

I've found some new beds at IKEA that I'm going to save up towards, but keep that a secret. Simon already moans every time I mention "decorating" because he knows where in Nottingham I'll be heading!

The new wardrobes look like this:



and I bought a new rug (blue and beige):



and these are the beds I like:



Ahh well, lots of work still to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home