29 May 2005

Ice Cream Lovin' Dog


Ice Cream Lovin' Dog
Originally uploaded by mkknowles.
I've been pretty sick the past few days, and no matter where I've moved in the house, the dog has sat with me. Even if he goes off to eat or play or whatever, he's been checking on me every few minutes. Today he had his reward. When Simon got home from work, we let Mitch clean out the rest of the ice cream from the carton! Usually that privelege goes to the kids, and the kids have to use spoons.

You gotta love this dog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just don't get that kind of care from a cat...

10:14 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I've always been more of a cat lover than a dog person, but this dog is one of a kind!

I did have a cat like that once though. She was so "human" that when it came time to have her kittens, she didn't go hide in a box in the closet or anything like that. Nope, not this cat. Instead, she got into bed with me, only I'd just been nursing my one month old daughter! She gave birth on top of the baby because she wanted to be part of the family!

12:00 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

My last dog, a dachsund, loved spaghetti. He'd eat it and eat it and eat it until he couldn't stand on his own four feet. He had his own way of showing his humanity, too. You'd be sitting on the couch watching the telly, and this long little dog would jump up onto the couch, back his hind end into the corner between your side and the couch, and then sit up and watch the television with you. Silly dog! We loved him, though. :D

11:45 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Mitch sometimes makes me wonder if he isn't part human. He likes watching television with me, too, and his favourite foods are roast chicken, mashed potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. With gravy, of course!

12:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home