17 July 2005

Book List

I've had a real book reading weekend! I started Jeffrey Deaver's "The Bone Collector" on Friday. I stopped reading it yesterday afternoon after my excursion to Tesco to buy "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". I finished that one this morning (don't worry, I won't tell you what happens!), and then I went back to the first book and finished it. I've just moved on to the second of Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series, "The Coffin Dancer".

All this reading despite the fact the kids are all home and none will behave. Malorie is grounded for swearing in front of her little brothers. I made Ricky and Jack come in because Jack got stuck up a tree. Oh, and we had an interesting scene when the police came and arrested our new neighbour (a woman with a baby and a toddler) across the street from us. There was a couple with a teenage girl standing outside, and the girl had a cloth held to her nose, so I'm guessing they accused the woman of assault.

I've also been doing laundry, watching motorsports on television, and shouting at Simon over the television when we was watching films. He always claims I must be deaf when I listen to music in the car; I say he must be deaf because he has to have the television full blast when he watches it. It wouldn't be half as bad if he didn't insist on watching movies where half the cast has machine guns and the other half has explosives!

Back to the book!

3 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Read, woman! Read! :D

Don't you just love it when you're able to find the time to do this? :)

4:24 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

A few more weeks of frivilous reading ... then, when all the kids are away for the second half of the summer, it's back to the academic texts for background research for my dissertation. :-(

1:33 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

One day, I'll have a dissertation to research. :P

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home