14 July 2005

Who Comes Up With This Stuff?

I had a free sample of the most recent torture device come in the post this week: Veet Short Hair Wax Strips. They've been advertising "Are you a wax virgin?" for months now, and, never having tried waxing before, I requested a sample.

Bloody hell ...

All the girls who say "Oooooo!" when they wax on the advert are definitely actresses. My response was "Oh shit!"

Who comes up with this stuff? It hurt almost as bad as the epilator my sister-in-law Lisa gave me back in the early 1990s! I'll go back to the old fashioned yet painless shaving gel and ladies razor!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, alrighty. =)

3:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the problem is that it's also impossible to reach the back of your legs and get the wax strips and hair off effectively. Rope in a willing male partner to help.

Then in response to the pain he enforced on you, whack a wax strip on his upper leg / back / where-ever, and listen to him yelp as you whip it off ;-)

8:33 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

I offered to show Simon how they worked last night, but he declined. :-) I gave the ones I had left to Malorie. I'm sure I'll hear her scream when she uses them. My pain threshold is much higher than hers! LOL

8:55 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

When it comes to hair removal, women are insane! O.O

LOL :P

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home