11 July 2005

Countdown to Harry Potter Six!

Amazon says they are preparing my book for despatch, and they have taken the money out of my bank account via my debit card. Harry Potter 6 will be here soon! In fact, it should be here the end of this week -- 16 July! The kids all know they can't get their hands on it until I finish with it. They're not too worried about that because I read the fifth book in one day.

How's this for a coincidence? It's getting close to payday, so there was very little money in the account on Friday. I bought some food for the weekend, leaving a balance of £11.74 in there. On Saturday, guess how much came out of the account for the book? You guessed it. £11.74 (that includes postage). One more item in Morrison's, and it would have totally messed up my order!

1 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I should be getting my copy, too! :D

Plus, I will also be getting, today, a CD I ordered, as well as a book on Portuguese grammar. At the beginning of August, the English-Portuguese/Portuguese-English dictionary I ordered should arrive, as well.

It's not even Christmas yet! :D

6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home