05 July 2005

Stuck in the Middle AGAIN!

Has someone passed a law that family members have to be hateful to each other, and no one bothered to tell me about it? That's what it has felt like in my house lately. It seems that if people aren't ignoring each other, they're sniping at each other. No, wait. Change that. They're sniping at me because they don't want to do it to each other's faces. They want them to overhear what's being said, but it's directed at me. Simon snipes, "I told so-and-so to do such-and-such and they haven't". I look blankly at him. Then whoever the so-and-so is snipes, "I didn't have a chance to because it was late and I was going to bed".

I'm getting it in the neck from my daughter because she has no spending money. I tell her that she isn't getting spending money because she isn't doing her chores. Of course then because she isn't getting spending money because she isn't doing her chores, she decides to go on strike and not do the chores to try and spite me.

That makes it worse with the rest of the family. The two little ones tell tales: "Malorie didn't do what you told her to!" The two bigger ones tell tales on each other. Simon tells tales on them all.

Okay, it's a rant, and that last sentence might be a bit of an exaggeration, but that's what it feels like. And they wonder why I turn into a bitch some days?

1 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Just bite all their heads off!

6:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home