26 July 2005

What a Day

I can tell the kids are off school for the summer holidays. I'm already ready for them to go back to school! Countdown to September ...

This morning I woke the boys up before I went to my Weight Watchers meeting. While I was in the meeting, I sent Simon a text message asking if they were up. Of course they weren't. When I got home at 10.50, they were just getting out of bed. Idle gits.

I wanted to go for a nice walk and start doing a little jogging. Putting back on half a pound in the last week has motivated me to get off my ass and try harder this week. Ricky was game for going with me, and at the last minute, Jack decided he was going too. Big mistake. We only made it around the lake/big pond one time, when I had intended to do it twice because Jack's legs hurt, his back hurt, he was tired, he wanted me to go get the car ... In other words, he was bored. Ricky was great at jogging though, especially since we walked for a bit, power walked for a bit, then jogged for a few minutes, and repeated the process.

I nearly blew up when I got home and asked Simon if he was going to work. It's been a lovely day today, perfect for selling ice cream, and we're getting short on cash now that the rent has been paid and our second-to-last car payment has gone out of the bank. No, he was staying home today so he could install his new satellite system. I didn't blow up though. I just told him he needed to get his priorities straight.

And Simon had the neighbour next door (the one who wants to strangle my dog) come help him install the motor on the satellite dish because that's what he does for a living, so he has the tall ladders. He only did a half-assed job though. No wonder he never seems to last five minutes with any one company. And I hope he doesn't read my blog, or I'm in trouble.

Now the boys are trying to kill each other. Oh, don't you just love school holidays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home