29 August 2005

I Goofed!

Me and my bright ideas ...

The weather was so nice today, I decided to take a walk on some of the public footpaths around my house. I hiked up to Poolsbrook Country Park, then over to Staveley. So far so good. I even had a bit of "me" time, chilling out in a cafe with a fresh fruit salad and a Diet Coke.

Then I had the bright idea of taking the Trans Pennine Trail and old Chesterfield canal towpath to get home. Only I missed where the two forked away from each other, and I ended up going way out of the way before I finally decided to turn around and retrace my steps. At one point I could even see my house, but I couldn't figure out a direct route to get home over all those fields.

Silly me. Now I'm wrecked, I pulled a muscle in my hip, and I have a blister on the bottom of my foot. How did I know I'd need an Ordnance Survey map to get home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home