27 August 2005

I'm a Wreck!

I'd love to get a good night's sleep, or even a decent afternoon nap, but no such luck. The dog woke me up at 5.00 this morning, and I had trouble settling back to sleep after that! I don't know why he does it because he never seems to need to go out during the day but is desperate to go between 3.00 and 5.00 am!

And I still dragged Braden and his friend Skinner out for another walk, this time the four mile hike we intended to do yesterday before the rain ruled it out. Malorie refused to go and claimed that she wanted to stay home and do some chores for me, like unloading and loading the dishwasher. Instead, she sat on her computer all day playing "The Sims". I finally made her come off it at 10.00 this evening.

Braden has taken to arguing with everything I say. He doesn't argue like most people argue though. He does it with snappy come-backs. I wonder who he gets that from. *adjusts halo* He did pick the wrong day to try to be witty with me though. It's PMT time, and instead of ignoring him, I told him I'd go by myself and burst into tears. That bothered him, and suddenly he was ready to go.

The walk itself was really nice. It was warm outside, but cloudy so it didn't get too hot, and I only had to tell the boys off once when they decided to climb on a rock that was part of a scheduled monument. Not bad for a day out with two teenagers.

Of course, I came home expecting Simon to be at work, but instead he was sitting on his computer, too, right where I left him! As tight as money is, that really pissed me off. He said it was too miserable outside, but he hadn't even set foot outside! I told him it was lovely and warm.

He had been offered a chance to take his ice cream van to a wedding reception in Hathersage, and when we were driving out to the Peak District, we passed it. Oh my god. I wish he'd taken the gig. Those people had some money, judging by the size of the marquee! I think he doesn't want to work anymore, but he doesn't want to sell the van either because it'll look like he's a failure to his dad and step-mother.

Anyway, I came home with both teenagers, having resisted the temptation to leave them on top of a tor or toss them in the Burbage Brook, and tried to take a nap. Unfortunately my daughter had the giggles for three hours straight.

Now Simon's still on his computer, Malorie is still giggling, and Braden is on the X-Box with Daniel. For some reason I have the urge to scream at them all but, being the nice person I am, I'll resist that temptation and blog instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home