21 August 2005

A "Normal" Day

I wish I could say today had been an extraordinary day, one worth a long and interesting blog post, but it hasn't been. It's been an ordinary day. But I'm still going to write a long blog post because I feel like it.

I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched television. I did get to speak to Ricky since the boys are back from their holiday in Tenerife. It was almost 1.00, and Jack was still asleep, so I called him back later this afternoon to speak to him. Lazy little boy. I wonder where he gets that sleeping late thing.

The Turkish Grand Prix was really entertaining, but I was devastated and all the bad luck Mark Webber had! Both he and his Williams teammate Nick Heidfeld had two sudden right rear tyre blow outs, plus Mark lost his front wing when Michael Schumacher didn't see him on one of the corners. Now Mark will the best first driver out in qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix.

During the race I wished several times I could understand German because ITV does nothing but gush and drool over Jenson Button, and I'm very annoyed with Button because I feel his current contract situation shows a lack of integrity and a great deal of selfishness. I used to like him a lot, and now I'm catching a lot of flack because I don't support him like I used to. Simon in particular isn't happy with me. And the "you have to support him because he's British" doesn't work with me. I'm not British. Yes I live in England, but if I have to pick a British driver to support, I'll stick with David Coulthard, just like I always have.

After the race, Simon decided he was going to skip work today and help me in the front garden. Lately it's looked more like a small meadow than a lawn. I mowed, pulled weeds and trimmed rose bushes until the sound of the dog crying from not being allowed on the front garden drove me nuts and I decided to take him for a walk.

Bad idea.

There was a guy walking three Husky-type dogs. Mitch decided to chase the dogs. I grabbed his lead half-way down to pull him back. Now I have second degree rope burns on my left hand. Thank goodness Daniel was with me. He took over dog duty.

I did some one-handed gardening and fence painting when we got back to the house (after performing First Aid on my poor hand). Afterwards we took Daniel home, and on the way back we decided to call at a chip shop for dinner. The first chippy didn't have any chicken kebab, which is what I wanted because it's good when you're counting points on Weight Watchers. The second, third and fourth chippies were closed early for Sunday night. The fifth had a queue out the door, but we stuck in out.

Like I said. Ordinary day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home