08 August 2005

Weigh In Tomorrow

I've exercised more in the past week than I probably have in the past few years, but I'm still nervous that when I go to be weighed in the morning, I'll either have put weight back on or have stayed the same. Okay, staying the same isn't too bad, but I hate to think I've been following my diet and exercising like this only to gain!

I let Ricky and Jack use my digital camera to take pictures, and they had to take pics of me. I don't like the way I look so I think that's contributing to my insecurity. Because I'd just climbed Owler Tor, the fact that my hair was a disaster and I was all sweaty in the pics doesn't bother me. It's how fat I look.

I guess we all have our insecurities, in whatever form they take. Hopefully mine is going to be short-lived, and maybe soon I'll be down into that size 12 I'm aiming for as my first goal!

And because I'm sure I will get down to that size 12, I'm going to post one of the pictures of myself from yesterday. This might be me now, but I'm going to be slim and healthy soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Hey, you, no getting down on yourself like that! It's strictly prohibited! Or did you ignore that part of the contract?

Fact: you can't follow a diet and exercise and maintain the same weight... UNLESS you're eating too much. If you've been losing weight, then you're not eating too much.

As long as you're not hungry, as long as you're eating a variety of food and so aren't getting bored, you should have no problem sticking to your diet. It's also a good idea to vary your exercise routine now and then, also to help fight boredom.

I predict that you will be a LOSER! :P And therefore a WINNER! How's that for a paradox? LOL :P :D

Here's something else to remember, Mel. The more you lose, the more you stay motivated to continue. Seeing the weight come off does offer solid, positive feedback. I've lost about 5 lbs lately, since I finally got serious and got back to eating healthy again. I'm not exercising yet, though. I've got a pinched nerve that needs to be taken care of first. I too am aiming for 2 lbs per week. :)

7:26 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Ha! I'm not the one who signed a "no insecurities" contract! LMAO I'm embracing mine and trying to turn it around though.

There's a commercial for Special K running where everyone keeps calling this woman on their diet a real "loser", so I know what you mean with your paradox. ;-)

5:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home